Sunday, August 12, 2007

I saw the Hold Steady at Prospect Park a few days ago. They're a trip, cause they get away with being so cheesy that it just comes across as really sincere. They're like Indi-Emo. I think for me they're one of those bands that I like a lot better live than I like their CDs. I saw them once before, years ago at the Ottobar in Baltimore, which is this big bar/ little club. They seemed totally in their element there, and they made a point of saying how they thought they'd be a bar band when they were in the bandshell at Prospect Park. "This is a big bar we're playing tonight." They seemed a bit out of element in the park, but they ended up filling up the stage. It was a good show. For me, the best moments were when the keyboard player played accordian on one song and the Star Power moments when the guitar player threw his guitar over his shoulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home